- 1 lime, zested and juiced
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets (300g)
- 160g fine beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 peaches (200g), each cut into 8 thick wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large Little Gem lettuce (165g), roughly shredded
- ½ x 60g pack rocket
Rocket is a very ‘English’ leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
- 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
Although it’s technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- 240g cooked new potatoes
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
Mix the lime zest and juice, oil and mint, then put half in a bowl with the garlic. Thickly slice the chicken at a slight angle, add to the garlic mixture and toss together with plenty of black pepper.
Cook the beans in a pan of water for 3-4 mins until just tender. Meanwhile, griddle the chicken and onion for a few mins each side until cooked and tender. Transfer to a plate, then quickly griddle the peaches. If you don’t have a griddle pan, use a non-stick frying pan with a drop of oil.
Toss the warm beans and onion in the remaining mint mixture, and pile onto a platter or into individual shallow bowls with the lettuce and rocket. Top with the avocado, peaches and chicken and scatter over the mint. Serve with the potatoes while still warm.